LIMA AND PIURA


Lima and Piura have many differences and many similarities. I could see many of these differences because I lived in both cities. When I was 10 years old my mother and I moved to Piura, after 6 years we returned back to Lima. They can be huge or small differences. Either way, both are different in the weather, food, people, and schools.

In Piura, my life was very quiet and peaceful, because there just had about 30 people. People were usually very friendly neighbors. In Lima, the city is very noisy as it is very large and there are many people. However, the people are friendly in both places. I remember when I lived in Piura did not go out much because I did not have many friends to go for a walk. In Lima, I have many friends with whom I enjoy a lot. I like living in Lima much, but sometimes I miss how quiet it was to live in Piura.


In Piura, the weather was very hot, my mom and I love to go for a walk because there was always sun. In Lima, the climate is very different than us and we do not know when it will be hot or cold. In Piura, I used to have lots of healthy food especially the typical food there such as a Carapulcra or Morusa. Unlike Lima, I have everything here but here many times the food is not as healthy as that of Piura. Although, I like to eat a Ceviche or Skipped Tenderloin. It had been very difficult because I had to adapt to eating a different meal.